Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Horror Shorts

Beyond just doing MWF updates here, I wanted to try doing something that would be unique to this particular blog - of course, on the Internet, there isn't much that particularly unique. Being a speshul snowflake is usually the one way to make yourself ripe for humiliation at the hands of millions, but I think I found something that both I and my readers can enjoy.

I call it Saturday Horror Shorts. I, Ash, will brave the wilds of YouTube (and other video hosting sites) in order to return with interesting, terrifying, or plain hilarious horror shorts that I can find for you, the reader, to enjoy. Like this idea? Well, if you don't, too bad, because this is what we're going with!

For the first installment of SHS, I want to introduce you to something I myself have found pretty recently through the FaceBook page for Creepy LA: the newly hatched webseries, Ask A Mortician! Now, you might be asking yourself, has no one done this before? Actually, there have been quite a few uploads of various aspects of the burial process, but nothing quite like this. 

Mortician Caitlin Doughty takes and answers questions of all varieties in a comedic fashion. To paraphrase a comment posted by her on her YouTube channel, her hope is to familiarize viewers with the funeral process, thus making death seem not as terrifying as it's currently considered in our society. It's definitely a noble goal, one that I support wholeheartedly. 

Here's Episode 4, by far my favorite episode:


Check out the other videos on her YouTube channel, Order Of The Good Death, and subscribe for updates! Hopefully next week's SHS won't be as wordy, but we'll just play this one by ear! Have a bloody awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...